Saturday, April 12, 2008

Game Day Today for the Lady Firecrackers!!!

Last weekend, the Lady Firecrackers were head to head with the ladies from West Masonry being defeated by 1 run in the final innings. The final score was 6-7. Congrats to the ladies in "Pink" and go get 'em today, Lady Firecrackers!!!

Pictures from the April 5th game coming very very soon!!! Lady Firecrackers - April 5th, 2008

Here is a preview of the some of the images.....




Good luck today with your game ladies. See you all there!!!!

2 comments:

Jim, "Homer" said...

OK, that shot of the pitcher is outstanding. I love everything about it.

Could you please share the detail on this? Where were you positioned and how much, if any, of a crop did you do. I'm just curious as I really like the end result, no matter how you got there.

Denise Marie Olson said...

Hey Homer, Thanks!! It is one of my favorites by far. I was standing behind home plate peeking behind the cross fence through a 2 inch hole using a garbage can for leverage. You keep moving the lens until you find the crisp contrast of the person without the wire haze (you'll actually see the box of wire haze). I cropped it to reveal just the head shot. The original shot was the full length pitcher taken at 200mm (40D & 70-200mm IS f/2.8). Other data:
Exp. Time: 1/5000
Shutter Speed: 1/5312
Shutter Priority Mode
F-stop at f/7.10
aperature at 7.0
Iso 1600
Metering mode Spot

I've done many more shots like this esp when the batter is hitting to really get their faces.

I'm hoping to rent the 300mm within the next few weeks so that I get shots from the outfield looking in. got the OK from the ump.

Thanks again Homer!!!!